Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Surgery

Sparky had surgery on Monday to repair his ACL and MCL which were both torn during his attempt to be Evel Knievel. I am sure Sparky had something like this in mind when he went off the day on the dirt biking trail:

Unfortunately, it didn't turn out so well and now he more closely resembles this:


My dad finally uploaded his pictures from his camera the day he drove me to the hospital in the middle of nowhere to find Sparky with several of his students:


After so much progress with his liver finally healing, broken shoulder blade mended, separated shoulder feeling better, and knee finally not bothering him we are back to square one. Sparky is flat out on the couch moaning and groaning like my dog Gaby when he wants a treat. I changed the dressing on his wound this evening and was surprised to see how small the actual incision is. I suppose God had to make women capable of dealing with more pain then men because of the whole child-birth thing, but seriously.
I am tired.
I am tired of telling him to take his pain meds and him not doing it, then listening to him moan about being in pain.
I am tired of him calling my cell phone in the middle of the night so I can share in his misery (because there is nothing I can do to make the pain go away).
I am tired of working all day on half a tank of fuel, then coming home and working as a nurse.

I need a break.
Luckily, Dan Brown has come to my rescue. He has taken me away to Washington D.C. to participate in quite an exciting adventure.


I love this book. I got it yesterday and I am already half way through it. The entire book is so exciting it keeps me wanting to read to find out what happens next. Of course, what happens next is just as riveting and I end up staying up far to late reading.
The closest thing I found to his books is a series written for children called The 39 Clues. They are very suspenseful and a good way to hook upper-elementary kids into reading. Of course, the collectible cards that come with the books are also an excellent marketing ploy. Get the gets to collect the cards, make them buy a book to get the cards, maybe they will read the book and like it.

Anyway, enough rambling for now. My mint-chocolate chip ice cream just walked in the door and Professor Langdon is calling my name from D.C.











1 comment:

Lisa said...

These pictures are hilarious! :)