Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 3

Day 3  Your idea of the perfect first date.
Hmmm.... Well, I can't think of a real perfect first date. I think every first date I have gone on has been with someone I am wanting to get to know better, therefore it is always filled with awkwardness. I am not a huge fan of first dates. 
That being said, I suppose the first date I had with Sparky was perfect because it resulted in our marriage (awww). 
So, I will share that. 
Sparky and I "met" on eHarmony. I was the 200th person he was matched with, he was my 1st. He was just about to give up on the site when he found me. :o) Of course, he is afraid of the internet (hence his blog name being Sparky, obviously not his real name) so I knew him only as "M" who worked in academia and had no picture. I made him send me a picture before I would meet him because, lets face it, we live in a shallow world and I don't want to be with someone who looks like Quasimodo. 
Sparky sent me a photo of him working on something at school. It showed only the top of his head and his back. I told him that from the picture, basically all I could tell was that he didn't look like Quasimodo. Apparently, Sparky didn't know who Quasimodo was. He didn't get it. 
Since he passed that test, I decided to meet him in real life. 
I called my mom and sister and told them exactly what I was wearing, where I was going, my license plate number, and what time to expect another call from me before calling the police... just in case. ;o)
Sparky and I decided to meet at Starbucks because it is a nice public location. 
I got there first. I ordered myself a late. 
I was nervous and knocked it off my table onto the floor. Oops. Starbucks was kind and made me a new one while cleaning up my mess. 
Sparky arrived, windblown from riding in on his motorcycle. 
He ordered a white chocolate mocha (I only know that because it is the only thing he ever orders there). 
We talked for a while and agreed that neither of us was psycho and we could plan another date sometime. 
The end.







1 comment:

Wendy McConnell said...

haha! This blogging every day thing is fun :) Good for you! Perhaps I will try it someday... We should hang out this summer!