Thursday, April 9, 2015

Sitch Fix #2... a month late

Hey. Well all know I suck at blogging so let's just move past the fact that I waited two months since my last post. ::hangs head in shame::

Well, I got Sparky to take pictures of my in the items I got in last month's Sitch Fix box since I was already wearing one of the items anyway!

He was a good sport.

In case you forget what Stich Fix is, and you are incapable of scrolling to the next post, here is some info I stole right from their page.

HOW OUR FIX™ SERVICE WORKS

A clipboard representing an online style profile.
Create Your Style Profile.
A box of five-hand picked items.
Get Five Hand-picked Items.
If you don't like your hand-picked clothes, send back the items you don't like.
Keep What You Like.
Send Back the Rest. 

ONLINE WOMEN'S PERSONAL STYLING

Our professional stylists will pick out items they think you’ll love —sometimes a little out of your comfort zone, but that’s part of the fun.
The house to which we send five hand-picked items.

Try It on at Home

Try it on in the privacy of your own home, with your own wardrobe.
We send you styling tips to ensure your hand-picked clothing is perfect!

Styling Tips

Each item comes with styling tips on how to dress it up or down.
Simply drop your returns in a USPS mailbox.

Free & Easy Returns

Drop off returns in our prepaid envelope at any USPS mailbox.
The more information you share with our professional stylists, the better they can style you!

Better Over Time

The more feedback you give your stylist, the better they are at finding clothes you'll love.

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?

$20 Styling Fee

The styling fee is $20, which you can use towards your final order.

Get 25% Off

If you keep all five items, we’ll give you 25% off your entire order.

Priced Just for You

We’ll send you items within your price range, but items are $55 on average.
I love it. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun to receive a box of five items on your doorstep. 
Here is what I got in my second box: 
First up is my outfit from today. I dress for indoor temperatures. So although it was 72 outside today, the air was on in the school. That means in inside temp. was about 42. The top is from Stitch Fix. It is the  Fierro Elbow Patch Crew Neck Sweater by Market & Spruce. It is hard to tell in photos, but the sweater is a light mint color with turquoise-ish elbow patches. (pants are sevens from some store, necklace on clearance from Target, boots Born) 


The next THREE items from my box are below. The shirt is the Canon Button Detail Striped Knit Top by Loveappella, pants are the Denna Colored Skinny Jean (red?!) by Kut From The Kloth, and the necklace is the Genevieve Stacked Chevron Pendant Necklace by Romolo. 
These pants. Oh. My. Goodness. I love them. I wish I had them in every color ever created. They feel like I am wearing sweat pants, but they look much nicer. The ONLY complaint I have is that the card and tag call these pants "red." They clearly aren't red to anyone who has eyes. They are maroon, or some pinkey hue. No one would ever dream of calling these red. I would still like a good pair of red pants, but I LOVE THESE pants so much I don't care what color they are. 
In fact, I love these pants so much that I went to a Nordstrom Rack down in FL while I was on spring break and tried on some shorts by the same brand. I got two pairs. I initially only bought one, but I loved them as much as the pants and had to go back and get another pair because I cannot imagine wearing any other shorts this summer. 


 With Wyatt. :o)

At this point, you may be noticing I look like a stuffed sausage in this shirt. You would be correct. I don't enjoy shirts this tight. While the teachers at school assure me that this shirt accentuates my hourglass figure, I know the truth. It shows off my rolls and makes me look ridiculous. I believe I will be trying to sell it online. It was worth keeping to get the 25%off for keeping all 5 items.
 Here is a close-up of the necklace. I would never pick this up at the store, but I love it. I have a military-inspired jacket that it was absolutely made for. I am basically unable to wear the jacket without this necklace now.

Last up is the Ivy Petal Print Blouse by Pixley. LOVE. As soon as I saw this in the box I knew it was a keeper. It love the print. I thought it might be too boxy when I held it up, but it is much better on.
 Random picture of me turning around. That is how I roll..

No comments: