Monday, January 17, 2011

Home study Class

It is over! Yay! It was a very loooooooooooong day.
Sparky woke up with a migraine. He took one for the team and went up anyway. He slept in the backseat of the car while I drove up to Broad Ripple.
Once we got there we sat in a large-ish room with 7 other couples. Well, 6 other couples and one single lady who is adopting by herself. We were stuffed into a large circle.
I got to pick a favorite paper for the front of our biography that they will send to potential birth moms. Then the lady started her talk.
We were told that we needed to have all of our blue paperwork turned in, our biography questions answered, pictures submitted, and Dear Birth Mother/Couple letter turned in at this meeting. Of course I did this. I was rather annoyed when four of the eight couples there didn't have their stuff to turn in.
Also, she passed around a binder with some example biographies. That would have been helpful before I answered the questions and got all of my pictures together. I want to go back now and add to what I wrote so she can make a good biography for us!
We were there from 9:00am until 11:45 then we broke for lunch until 1:30 and the meeting continued until 5:00.
It was very informative. Although, I wish I had most of this information before filling out all of my paperwork.
Oh well. Now I have it for next time!

The strange thing is now that my master's classes are over, and all of our adoption paperwork is filled out, I am not sure what to do with all my free time!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

You can hang out with Riley and I! We are looking forward to more summer walks to Dairy Queen and Sonic. ; )