Sunday, January 11, 2015

Due to popular demand...

After 10 months of a break I guess I am going to try to make another shot of this thing. Apparently, according to facebook, I am highly desired. ;o)
I am not sure why I am feeling compelled to try to resurrect this decrepit dying blog, but I am. Just call me Dr. Frankenstein. Yes, I had to look that up. I had no idea that Frankenstein's doctor's name was Dr. Frankenstein. I thought perhaps he was a bit more clever and named his monster Frankenstein because he liked the name Frank. And beer steins. Or something like that. 
Anyway, I figured I would give the people what they want. Who am I to deny them? 

Also, I just ordered my first Stitch Fix box so I am super excited to get that and post what I got in my box. In case you don't know what Stitch Fix is, I will copy the answer from the Stitch Fix website because I am original like that:
What is Stitch Fix?
Stitch Fix is the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a shopping experience that is truly personalized for you. Simply fill out the Stitch Fix Style Profile and our personal stylists will handpick a selection of five clothing items and accessories unique to your taste, budget and lifestyle. You can buy what you like and return the rest!
How does it work?
1. Fill out your Style Profile
Begin by filling out the Style Profile. This helps us understand your size, style, shape, budget and lifestyle. Completing your profile should only take about 10 minutes.
2. Pick the date you’d like to receive your shipment
We’ll send you a selection of five clothing items and accessories handpicked by personal stylists on the date you choose. At the time your stylist selects your items, you will be charged a $20 styling fee. That $20 will be applied toward anything you keep from your shipment.
3. Try everything on in the comfort of your home
We encourage you to try on everything our personal stylists have picked for you because you just never know what will look great on! Create new outfits by pairing what’s in your shipment with the items that are already in your closet.
4. Buy what you like and return the rest
a. Take three days to decide what you’ll purchase and what you’d like to send back. You’re only charged for these items when you tell us what you’re keeping and returning.
b. Check out by logging in to your account to pay for those items you want to keep. The $20 styling fee will be applied toward any items you purchase. If you buy all five items, we’ll give you 25% off the entire purchase!
c. Simply return the items you don't want in our prepaid mailing bag and drop it at any USPS mailbox. Stitch Fix clients enjoy free shipping both ways as a benefit of using our service!
5. Tell us what you think!
Don't forget to give us specific feedback on each of the items you receive. Our personal stylists are able to send you better selections when we know what did and didn’t work for you, and why. Our blogoffers a number of tips on the best ways to communicate with your personal stylist.
If you choose to receive regularly scheduled shipments, we will automatically schedule the delivery date for your next shipment. You can always choose an alternative date that better suits your needs or opt out of regularly scheduled shipments entirely.
Stitch Fix does not require a membership fee or a monthly subscription.
How much does it cost?
Our average price point is $55 per item, but we carry a wide variety of price points. When you fill out the Style Profile, you tell us how much you are comfortable paying. We do our best to pick items that reflect those preferences. If you choose to buy all 5 pieces, you get a 25% discount off of your entire purchase!
What types of items might you send me?
Because our clients’ tastes are varied we carry a wide range of items. We currently offer pants, skirts, dresses, sweaters, shirts, outerwear, scarves, jewelry and bags. We’re growing and evolving quickly and you can expect to see us add more and more new categories and brands.
 I searched all of Pinterest to see what items I like and I created a new pinterest board to show my new personal stylist what I am interested in. I think that may have been what inspired me to pick this back up. I can receive clothes in the mail and take pictures of myself in them. Perhaps I will even inspire someone to try the service for themselves and get a credit for their purchase. Or maybe not. Who knows. I will go in with zero expectations and hopefully I will be surprised.
My goal for this week is to make a new post on here every other day. I will save my weekend highlights for my next post to keep you all on your toes. And that will give me something to post on Tuesday. Speaking of which, I better go write that in my planner so I remember to do it! :o)
Cheers to another shot at this thing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YES, if it is in the planner ~ it will happen!