Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sparky or Abraham

Genesis 18:10-14
Then the LORD said, "I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son."

Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him. 11 Abraham and Sarah were already very *old, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. 12 So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure?"

13 Then the LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' 14 Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son."

*My doctor said she didn't normally consider 25 to be old... but I am special ;o) Now, we all pray that this verse applies to Sarah and Sparky. Perhaps I should start referring to him on here as Abraham...hmm

1 comment:

Lisa said...

When this verse rings true I'll cross stitch for you one of my 'infamous' baby bibs! I think I have a picture or two on my blog under the CRAFTS label. :)

25 is NOT old! I don't claim to be very special, but my DH & I did have a bit of trouble and were 28 when we finally had our first...married all ready for 5 years and trying for 4!

My fingers are crossed for you! :)