Monday, January 4, 2010

We're Baaaaack!

Sparky and I left FL on Friday evening because it was rainy and gross anyway. I wanted to try driving straight through for the first time in my life (it is a 17 hour drive). I let Sparky sleep in until noon and then we headed out around 7:00pm. Sparky drove until 4:30am and then I decided we were too tired and needed to stop.
We stayed overnight in Murfreesboro, TN at a Quality Inn. Let me tell you, the quality was MUCH better than the motel 8!
Saturday I got up nice and early and putzed around while I waited for Sparky to crawl out of bed. I finally got him into the car around noon. I drove the rest of the way home. We arrived at about 4:30pm.

Then I went to go pick up my little doggie Gaby. He was staying the last week of our honeymoon at my parent's house. When I got there my mom announced my arrival to the dog and he just kept roaming around. Then I said his name. He froze in his tracks. He is blind so he couldn't see me, but when he heard my voice he was so shocked and happy. I went over to him and held out my hand for him to sniff. He instantly licked it a bazillion times and wagged his tail so much it shook his hiney. He jumped into my arms and kissed me lots. My parents couldn't believe it. Not only did Gaby not even look in their direction when they got him, but he had refused to kiss any of them the entire time I was gone! He loves me. ;o)

Today (Monday) was the first day back for teachers. It was exhausting to get up so early and sit still for so long and then be so productive! I think the kids are going to give me a run for my money tomorrow!

No comments: