Saturday, August 21, 2010

School has begun.

In case you haven't noticed, I have been a bit preoccupied recently. I moved into a new school building, set up my classroom for a new grade, and begun teaching a new demographic.
The good thing is, I LOVE my new school. The people are friendly and helpful. I have my first parent volunteers, ever. There are several really sweet students in my class.
The problem? I have 25 kindergartners. That is a lot of five year olds. The main difference between my new school and my old school is that my current students apparently did not attend preschool or daycare. This means they have NO idea what a line is, how to follow directions, or how to react when they have to do something they don't want to do.
I feel like I am herding cats. As soon as I get one contained and occupied, I turn around and they pounce back up again.
I only wish I was as successful as these guys:





Would anyone like to volunteer to help me? I think as a tag team we could get the job done.

No comments: