Sunday, February 14, 2010

Home Show

Friday was another snow day, so my mom called and we headed up to Indy. for the Home Show! I hadn't been to the home show since high school when I went with my interior design class on a field trip...and they left me behind. I can't make this stuff up. This was in the days before everyone had a cell phone, so we had to contact the police, who contacted the school, who contacted the bus... and they came back to get me and my buddy.

This trip was much more enjoyable. ;o)
This is a refrigerator. It is so pretty. 
I love apron sinks:

 
And anarondak chairs: 

 
I love the bubbly glass in this outdoor fixture: 

 
Here is my mom getting the information about this outdoor fireplace:

 
And now for our tour of the house:
When you walk in the front door, you walk past a stair case into the living room with built in bookshelves: 
sofa of my dreams (toile + green = love):
See the luggage peeking behind the sofa? Here is a better look:
Now, we walk past the luggage into a little sitting area in the kitchen:
 
Turn slightly to the left and you are in the kitchen:
 
Right where I am standing to take this picture is the dining room table:
 
From the dining room table you can look back into the living room at the beautiful sofa:

 
If you walk around the corner (behind the built in book shelf shown way above) there is a small home office:

 
Right here is also a door into the half bath:

 
Now lets go upstairs. At the top of the stairs there is a lovely rec room. Check out the baseball glove seat:

In the foreground of this picture you can see a little table, here is a (somewhat) better shot of it:

I think the valances in this room are full of whimsey:
 
There was a boring lego boy's bedroom there. Not worth taking pictures of. And a little girl's room. It was tiny, but well painted:

Then around the staircase is a landing with a bookshelf right in front of the entry to the master bedroom and the laundry room:
 
Laundry room:

 
A creative bulletin board in the laundry room:

Master Bedroom:
 
Master Bathroom:

 
Closet:

 
There was a mirror somewhere in the house made of old pipes:

I also really like this door:

I hope you got some good ideas!

No comments: