Sunday, February 14, 2010

School

While I am catching up on all of my blogging, I should probably mention what is going on at our schools right now. But you know what? I am tired of talking about it, and thinking about it, and my head hurts, and my chest hurts, and there isn't anything I can do about it anyway. So... If you want to know what is going on get a newspaper. Basically we are $4.8 or so million in the hole so we are losing about 75-100 teachers, all librarians, and many other services. Unfortunately, I am at the bottom of the seniority totem pole at my school so I will not be teaching there next year. I have not gotten a Reduction in Force letter...yet...so I don't know if I will be moved to a different school, held onto until they can find room for me, or sitting at home getting my master's degree that I cant use.
Anyway, I am pretty bitter about it all and I don't want to talk about it anymore. I wish it would all go away and everything would just be done. Tell everyone if they are fired or not so we can stop living in a state of limbo and move on with our lives.

No comments: