Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pacers Game

Sparky ordered tickets to go to Monster Jam for himself, my dad, and my brother-in-law Jay.
 While they went and enjoyed the monster trucks my mom and I headed over to my sisters house to help her match her clothing. No, I am not kidding. She is a 28 year old woman who does not know how to match. It is really pathetic. I finally got her able to match a pair of pants with a top and shoes. But... her boss wants her to wear suits, so throw in a blazer and she apparently forgot all of the rules about matching. Let me just say, I have a whole new respect for Stacy London from What Not to Wear. I should have taken pictures to show you all some of the stuff she was putting together...sigh. Anyway, she is all organized now and I am not afraid of running into her in public.

 Back to the story...

After he ordered the tickets, ticket master offered him two free tickets to a Pacers game! It only cost $7 for the ticket master processing fee (of course). We had really good seats...not that we watched the game, we don't really like sports. This is what we both look like after teaching all day long, going to meetings after school, then driving an hour to the game...
 
Our seats retail for over $150!
 
One of the best parts of the game (other than people watching) was the half time show. No. Not the Pacemates. There was a group of kids from some dance school that came out and danced. They were GOOD! Some of them were so tiny.
Anyway, we know why they gave away the tickets for free. The basketball game was not very exciting or interesting. They don't have any really remarkable players and they were playing some team I had never heard of. Whatever happened to Reggie Miller?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can we please not pick on people who can't match clothing? What do you expect from someone who lived in scrubs or whites for 12 years, then very unflattering jumpers for 3, then jeans with the occasional navy blue pants, now sweats. I proudly confess, I am 42 years old and I don't know how to match either! That is why I desperately wish someone would put me on What Not To Wear and give me $5000 to build a new, matching, fitting wardrobe!