Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Time to FLY...

A while ago I came across this blog. It let me know about some other blogs that I must check out... so check them I did. I fell in love with one site in particular. It promised that I could have my house "company ready" all the time without spending my weekends cleaning. What a promise! So I went here and checked it out. I was told that I needed to start with the baby steps.


The first day I cleaned my sink like I was told. Big whoop, a clean sink. Well, you know what?! It was a big whoop. I had never really cleaned the sink in my kitchen since I bought the town house I live in. Don't get me wrong. I had cleaned my sink, I am not gross. But this time, I got out a toothbrush, a toothpick, and a screwdriver to take apart the faucet fixture. Let me tell you, my sink looks brand new. I thought it was beyond any redeemable point in its existence, considering the faucet is older than I am. I was wrong! It looks great! And guess what... the clean sink made me want my counters to be clean... and the appliances...and the floor... which runs into the bathroom... you can see where this is going.

 Now I admit, my floors could use a good vacuum right now, I have two books on my computer table for my graduate courses, and there is a large exercise ball in the corner for Sparky's back... but that is not bad considering the former state of my kitchen table.

After reading about the how the FLY lady is getting around to the other blogs I stalk.... here... I thought I would share here with my mom and sister!

No comments: