Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Valentine's Day...

... yes I know Valentine's Day was a month and three days ago. But I didn't get around to uploading my photos from my camera until today, so here it goes.
On Valentine's Day Sparky and I went to World of Wheels in Indianapolis. Yes, we are so romantic. Nothing like the smell of rubber tires to invoke feelings of love.

I took a lot of pictures of the cars I like. It turns out they were all of the same kind of car. Hehe. I really wasn't even doing it on purpose. I LOVE the Chevrolet Bel Air 2 door hardtop. The little fins on the back and the swooshey on the side are just to die for. They just don't make cars like this anymore:
1957
And look! This car has a matching golf cart. Be still my heart.


Another 1957, I also like this color combo. 
Here is a 1955 Sedan. Not a 2 door hardtop, which Sparky assures me that I like better...
...but then again, Sparky also tried to tell me the 1956 was the best. I disagree (1957 all the way), but make up your own mind. Here is a 1956:

We then came across a booth where some futuristic looking car was set up. Apparently Sparky used to work for the guy so I got to take a lot of pictures of his two cars:
Then we walked around the corner and I saw this little cutie!! Sparky is SOOO making a couple of these for our kids. Pedal cars make my heart skip a beat. I am so fortunate that I married someone who can make them! I can't count the number of times my sister, friends, and I played "gas station." I think we would have gone nuts if we had a "real" gas pump instead of the garden hose!!!
We went on to the next room full of cars and you would not believe who was parked there. Sparky had some cylinder heads that he painted for his friend Crazy Steve, picture this:
 Anyway, Sparky sat in the living room for hours taping off sections of this cylinder head before he could paint it. Low and behold, those same cylindar heads were there at the show. Can you see them (the black part of the engine)?
The engine is inside this car:

 We stopped and talked to the car's owner for a while. Then found stuff more along the lines of what I could build (if I had A LOT of time and really wanted to, which I don't):
 Yes, those are made out of K*Nex

 Then at the very back of the last room you will not believe who was there:

 Can you tell who that is? Let me give you another hint:

 What do you mean you don't know who Brenda Song is? Does this help? Think "Disney channel"

That's right. Brenda Song, from Suit Life of Zach and Cody and Suite Life on Deck was there at the car show on Valentine's Day, in Indianapolis. I am sure she was thrilled.

No comments: