Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Storms

So yesterday and today there have been tornado warnings/watches/whatevers. Yesterday I was at my parent's house enjoying dinner with my ma and pa when the sirens went off. We huddled down in the basement while I worried about my poor puppies at home alone.
They were fine.


There was so much rain falling so fast, that the water didn't know where to go. Here it is almost all the way up the first step outside!











The rainwater collected on the left side of my parent's house goes to a dry pump, and is then pumped out of this little pipe in the back yard. As you can see, there was so much water that the pressure was creating a small geyser. The quality is horrible because I had to take the photo with no flash, meaning the shutter speed was ridiculously slow and I can't hold still. Trust me, the water was shooting really high.



I have even decided to add a video for your viewing pleasure:




It shows the pond that collects in front of my parent's garage doors, pans around the front yard to the small puddles in the grass, the "waterfall" poring down their driveway adding water to the "pond." It is a good thing their garage doors have a good seal or the entire garage would have been flooded. Instead, little rivulets ran down to the drain in the garage.
Then after the storm was the most vibrant rainbow I have ever seen:

No comments: