Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 1 as Mrs. Scranton

Well the first day being married really didn't feel any different than any other day. I promised Sparky that we could take it easy and not plan anything for the day. We slept in until about 10:30-11:00. Well Sparky did... I woke up with the sun in my eyes from all of our windows and watched TV until he woke up. Then we ate lunch. After the wedding, the people at the Sandbar packed up all of the leftover food and sent it home with us. We have lots of containers one filled with each of the following: chicken, ribs, jumbo shrimp, potato salad, veggies, fruit, and cheese. They also sent several pieces of cake home with us, but my mom snagged some and only left us with three. I suppose three pieces is enough. :o) Anyway, it was really nice to have food here waiting for us when we got up.
While eating Sparky suggested going to the outlet mall. YAY!!! It is like he was reading my mind. I was sitting there trying to figure out when would be a good time to try and talk him into going to Ellington. So we drove to the outlet mall on the first day of our honeymoon. How romantic. It was great. I got two new pairs of jeans at Banana Republic because it is a lot colder than I expected (and I only have one pair left without any holes in them). I also got two cardigans at J. Crew because it is too hot for my North Face jacket, but too cold to not have something. They were only $19.00!
Sparky found the Oakley outlet. It was dangerous. Oakley is Sparky's favorite brand, other than Ducati. He orders his Oakley glasses frames from England (because apparently no one in England likes Oakley so it is really cheap there). He was beside himself in that place. Well, I guess he doesn't want me to write what he got because even though he was telling me no one reads this, he is afraid people might find out what great deals he got. Or something. Who knows. Anyway, he told me I am aloud to tell you "he got some great Oakley gear and he is really happy." Sigh. He is so difficult sometimes. But if his paranoia about the internet and not knowing what to do in some social situations is all I have to worry about, I will take it.
So while at the outlet we got Sparky's mom some Bath and Body Works stuff and we went to Harry and David to get some coffee and picked up a bottle of sparking juice for her as well. On our way back to the hotel we realized we were pretty close to where his parents are living during the winter so we swung by to say hello.
His mom was very happy about the gifts and showed me around their rental. It is a nice little place for them to stay during the winter. We talked a little while and ended up leaving around 11:00.
When we arrived back at our hotel I realized I left my purse back at his parent's place. Their place is about 30-45 minutes away. We were not going to turn around and go back at 11:45 at night. So I just had to deal with not having my camera (note the lack of pictures), my phone, or my wallet until the next day. Ugh.

No comments: