Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wedding Eve

The day before the wedding ended up being pretty busy. The room in our hotel has so many windows and the sun rises so early that I got up at about 7:30am, which I can barely do when I have to go to school back at home. I think I need to move to Florida.
I putsed around and waited for Sparky to get up. I took a shower, oh my goodness...the shower has two shower heads. It sounds really wasteful, and I am sure it is, but it is so worth it. I think when I build a house I will need to have two shower heads. It is amazing. Perhaps I wouldn't feel so guilty about it if I had the ability to shut off the second shower head and reserve it for special showers, like when I have a bad day or something.
When Sparky finally got up we called one of his groomsmen and we went out for breakfast at the Gulf Drive Cafe. This is where we sat to eat:
It is right on the water so we could watch the wave while we ate our breakfast. I had a tomato, bacon, and cheese omelet with a side of oatmeal and toast with strawberry jam. With about 4 cups of coffee. Sparky had biscuits with gravy (yuck).
We went back to the hotel where Sparky and his groomsman Casey watched a DVD about Moto GP while I went to my parent's room to see what they were up to. My mom, dad, sister, Tricia, and Chuck were in there hanging out playing Farkle.
We tried playing a round of Who, What, Where but Amy then showed up with Reagan and I needed to play with the baby. They decided it was time to go eat lunch so I gathered Sparky and Casey to come along with us to some restaurant I can't remember the name of. While there I took tons of pictures of Reagan for your viewing pleasure:

This is a picture of Amy's face when my mom suggested giving Reagan a lemon. Clearly Amy does not like lemons.

This is right after Kim gave Reagan a lick of her very first lemon. No reaction.
 Second lick, no reaction.

Third time is the charm!! Classic lemon face. 

But wait! She is going back for more!

INTERMISSION: Reagan spilled Amy's water. Time for a diaper change anyway. 
The freshly changed baby was given to Beth for her second round. 
Clearly, she is a lemon aficionado.
She even likes the rind.

Here is a picture of Sparky and his groomsman Casey on the other side of the table, oblivious to the cuteness of Reagan.
Reagan was fussing, so I joined her.
We went back to the hotel to put a certain baby down for a nap and for her mom to be milked. Then Amy and I headed off to the Aveda salon for manicures and pedicures. They were glorious. We soaked our fingers in water, like usual with a manicure, but the bowl was filled with shells. Ooo La La. The nail polish was Zoya which is free of toluene, formaldehyde, DBP (phthalates), and camphor. Let me tell you, I was a little skeptical about the staying power of nail polish that wasn't harmful to my body. I have issues with keeping nail polish on my fingernails anyway, so I figured this would be chipping by the time the wedding started. I was soooooo wrong!!! I got my manicure December 20 and today is December 23 and my nails still look perfect! I cannot believe it. I am actually going to to back to the salon to buy this polish. I never do my nails because they look horrible the next day, but now.... :o)

Here is Amy getting a pedicure. Her husband was not able to come to the wedding because they found out his dad had a coronary embolism in his abdomen (or something like that). It is extremely dangerous and he had to have emergency surgery on Friday so Ryan stayed behind with his dad to make sure he was okay. While Amy was getting her pedicure she got a text from Ryan and all she could read was "heart attack" and "died." She about freaked out thinking her father-in-law died of a heart attack during surgery. She opened the message and found out that Brittany Murphy, not Ryan's dad, died of a heart attack at the age of 32. We were much relieved. Not that we don't care about Brittany Murphy, but we don't care about Brittany Murphy.
Our manicures and pedicures took so long (and were so relaxing) that my mom had to bring our clothes for the rehearsal to us at the Aveda salon. I would have liked some jewelry, but beggars can't be choosers! Hopefully someone else has pictures from the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner because I didn't take my camera.
The rehearsal was at the Sandbar and was very quick. We then went to Carrabba's Restaurant for our rehearsal dinner. We were supposed to have a room to ourselves for this, but I guess there was a mis-communication about that. My poor parent-in-laws talked to the people there about three times that day to make sure they were all ready for us and the place assured them that they were, but they weren't.
When they finally got organized it was a lovely dinner.
After dinner we went back to my parent's hotel room so I could give my bridesmaid and maid of honor their gifts. We hung out until about 10:30.
I was really tired and looking forward to going to sleep. Unfortunately, my bowels had different plans for me. I was up all night in the bathroom. It was miserable.

No comments: