Thursday, December 23, 2010

Old Summer Photos

Oops! I forgot to upload pictures from my camera for at least 6 months. (Sheepish smile.)
So it is time for a barrage of posts to get me up to date... beginning with photos from this past summer!

Each summer Auburn has a car auction. Sparky and I go because it is very entertaining. There are many really cool cars, elephant ears, lemon shake ups, little vendors selling their wears, etc. Good times. This year we took my parents with us!
Of course I didn't any pictures of us with them because I didn't know at that time that I would need 20 photos of us with my family doing interesting things for our adoption portfolio. Ugh.
My mom noticed this little beauty:
It is a jeep surrey, with--wait for it--- fringe on top! Just like in the song from Oklahoma!
Now enjoy the song:

 I even found that tonka made a toy exactly like the original:
Must have been popular. I honestly cannot imagine anyone riding in this other than Barbie. She would have loved it.

Of course no car event would be complete without my favorite car, the 1957 Chevy Bel Air Convertible:

Complete with white wall tires:
and perfect fins:
and matching red and white interior:
When I get this car someday I will start painting my fingernails red and I will wear red lipstick every day. You will see me driving around with a scarf around my head to keep my hair looking nice and big sunglasses to obscure my identity. Now we just have to find a junker that Sparky can fix up for me!

As I said before, these cars were all at auction so the prices range dramatically. Here is the car that went for the most money in the entire show:
This is a 1934 Duesenberg Model JN Convertible Sedan by Rollston. It sold for $2.75 million. Let me tell you, if I had 2.75 million dollars, I would not spend it on a car. Unless the car was part of the sale of my new mansion and surrounding property.

From JM Auction we went over to Worldwide Auction. They have fewer cars, but a more elite selection. Of course, this is just based on my observation, I could be completely wrong.
However they did have this beauty:
BMW Isetta, more commonly known to me as "Steve Urkel's car." I love it. I cannot tell you how badly I wanted to sit in this thing. Don't worry, I restrained myself.

They also had this little cute thing:

Check out the door:
It has a pocket door! No need to worry about hitting the car next to you when getting out. What a brilliant idea. Now, if only mini-vans could figure out how to do this with their sliding doors so they didn't look so mini-van-like.
Here is what the car is for those of you who are interested:
I am interested. But not in the price.

No comments: