Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pregnancy Test

Were you shocked by the title? Hehe.
When someone is going through the adoption process sometimes people say they are "paper pregnant." To run with this analogy, we have been correlating all of the parts of the adoption process to parts of pregnancy. We decided that sending in our application to the agency was conception. Now that we are ready to go to the Informational Meeting tomorrow, we determined that this would be similar to the doctor's appointment to confirm the pregnancy with a test.
I am not sure how long I will be able to use the analogies to an actual pregnancy, but it helps to pass the time!
I am very excited about my EPT tomorrow! The meeting is from 9:00-12:00.
Since we have had 2-hour delays the past two days due to cold morning temps, I left two sets of sub plans for tomorrow. One set for if we have a whole day of school, and one set in case we have a 2-hour delay! It was a lot of work, but well worth it.
I hope I will be able to sleep, I am so excited to actually be doing SOMETHING for this process!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping your EPT is positive!!
You know, school might be called off tomorrow altogether, then you'll have prepped two versions of class for a sub that doesn't happen. Does that mean you get another sub Friday?? hmmm...

Lauren said...

YAY!!! so excited for you! So happy that the ball is rolling!